Director, Indirect Sourcing
Job Id : 454
Location : Newark, NJ
Are you up for the challenge of driving transformational efforts in a new indirect sourcing group with a top tier company, while developing sourcing processes to optimize over $1B in indirect spend? Do you have a proven track record of successfully developing and deploying global sourcing strategies for non-manufacturing indirect categories, including Professional Services, IT, and Marketing? Have you built relationships with VP and C-level cross-functional stakeholders and earned a seat at the table by consistently adding value?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be a fit for the Director, Indirect Sourcing role with our client, a Fortune 500 consumer electronics company.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Design and implement sourcing strategies for indirect categories, including but not limited to HR, Consulting, Financial, Legal, IT, Marketing, etc.
- Lead large cross-functional teams and manage complex sourcing initiatives.
- Conduct spend analysis, analyze supply markets, identify sourcing value levers and execute competitive RFIs/RFPs and lead supplier negotiations.
- Work closely with the Executive Team and key stakeholders to agree on business goals and to remove impediments for the sourcing teams.
- Establish supplier management practices, building policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance.
- BS/BA degree, required; MBA and CPM/CPSM certification are preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in sourcing of indirect categories.
- Deep knowledge of supplier relationship management.
- Strong leadership and team player skills.
- Effective analytical, negotiation and financial skills.