Sr Manager, Procurement Strategy & Capabilities
Job Id : 457
Location : Newark, NJ
Would you be interested in leveraging your purchasing expertise and passion for best-in-class processes to push a well-established organization to the next level? Are you a trusted resource and strategic advisor for your internal business partners across all functions, while helping manage their critical direct and indirect spend? Can you stand up a supplier risk management framework? Do you have transformational experience and enjoy leading through change?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then you may be the perfect fit for the Senior Manager, Procurement Strategy & Capabilities role with our client, a large consumer electronics company!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Collaborate with category leads to implement planning processes for key spend areas, cost analysis and supply/demand market dynamics.
- Utilize leading strategic sourcing methods and tools to assist in delivering exceptional total cost value and quality assurance.
- Create policies and procedures to weigh supplier performance against contracted obligations and business requirements.
- Establish and monitor KIPs to measure and improve effectiveness of the procurement organization.
- Initiate six sigma program to identify efficiency opportunities and drive down costs.
- BS/BA degree in relevant area, such as business, supply chain or STEM, required; MBA and applicable certifications (ISM CPSM) are preferred.
- 7+ years relevant procurement experience, particularly with 7 step strategic sourcing process, category management strategies and supplier management.
- Six sigma certification or lean training, required.
- Well versed in procurement technology including eSourcing, P2P, Spend Analytics, and SRM.
- Through knowledge of TQM methodology and application.