Sr Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Logistics
Job Id : 461
Location : Newark, NJ
Are you an accomplished sourcing practitioner, with a well-versed background in developing strategies for logistics categories? Do you have experience building supplier relationships for multiple transportation modes, like LTL, TL, 3PL, ocean, etc.? Can you work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, utilizing your expertise within the Logistics function, to strategize, drive productivity and add value within a world-class consumer electronics organization?
Our client, a multi-billion dollar leader in the Consumer Goods industry, is looking to hire a Sr Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Logistics to take their company to the next level. If you answered yes to the questions above, you may be a fit!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Effectively create and implement sourcing strategies for logistics categories.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the enterprise and manage third-party supplier relationships.
- Establish contract terms and conditions, consulting with legal to execute contracts.
- Monitor the market for category leading practices and demand/supply shifts.
- Prepare and present business cases, perform complex data analysis and build financial models.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as supply chain, business or STEM, required; MBA and certifications (ISM CPSM), preferred.
- 7+ years of professional experience in strategic sourcing, particularly designing end-to-end procurement strategies.
- Six sigma certification and experience, preferred.
- Strong analytical, organization, financial, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Expertise in Supplier Management tools (SRM), eSourcing, Ariba, Microsoft Office, etc.