Category Manager, Professional Services
Job Id : 479
Location : Chicago, IL
Are you a dynamic leader in your organization who drives value through effective sourcing strategies? Do you have substantial experience managing Professional Services spend categories? Would you like to help elevate the procurement group’s status within a growing retail company with a global footprint? Do you have the soft skills to build long-lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be a perfect fit for the Category Manager, Professional Services role with our client, a Fortune 500 retailer, who is both firmly established and poised for significant expansion.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Develop and drive sourcing strategies for Professional services related subcategories, including HR, Legal, Financial, Consulting, Tax, Travel, etc., while incorporating best practices and aligning with company strategies.
- Translate business objectives into viable spend categories.
- Utilize research on current industry trends and best practices to streamline business processes and drive down cost.
- Participate in regular reviews with suppliers to ensure all terms and conditions are met and that any problems are identified and resolved / mitigated in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal business stakeholders and external vendors to maximize business potential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field, or its equivalent.
- 5+ years professional experience in procurement or strategic sourcing.
- Experience in team management and contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.