Sr Manager, IT Sourcing
Job Id : 481
Location : Chicago, IL
Are you a leader in your organization who drives cost-reduction and sourcing strategies? Would you like to work for a growing insurance company with a global footprint? Do you have significant experience with IT related spend categories or IT consulting? Are you interested in hiring and managing a team, while succession planning?
Our client is looking for a bright Sr. Manager, IT Sourcing to take their world-renowned insurance organization to the next level!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Develop and drive sourcing strategies for IT related categories, incorporating best practices and aligning with company strategies.
- Contribute to the selection and management of key suppliers through appropriate evaluation, selection, and governance to ensure service quality, relevance, and commercial value.
- Ensure that policies, processes, and procedures are adhered to so that delegated functions operate in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain the sourcing standards, policies, and procedures to ensure best practice and compliance against internal and external regulations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal business stakeholders and external vendors to maximize business potential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field, or its equivalent.
- 7+ years professional experience in procurement or strategic sourcing, including 5+ years in IT sourcing.
- Experience managing vendors/external suppliers with advanced understanding of supply chain, sourcing, and/or procurement.
- Knowledge and understanding of RFPs, SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and supplier scorecards.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.