Director, Commodity Sourcing
Job Id : 484
Location : Atlanta, GA, Pleasanton, CA, Gaffney, SC, Laconia, NH
Are you a strong procurement practitioner ready to take on a crucial role at a rapidly growing, PE-backed manufacturing company? Do you have the ability to develop innovative, world-class commodity strategies from scratch that align with the strategic objectives of the business? Would you be interested in becoming the functional leader for North America, leading a large team and influencing executive level cross-functional stakeholders?
Our client, a leading manufacturing portfolio company of a large Private Equity firm, is looking for a Director, Commodity Sourcing to leverage drive and align the strategic vision of their organization.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Define and implement Sourcing and Supply Chain strategies.
- Develop a global commodity sourcing framework and utilize sophisticated sourcing levers while leading complex negotiations.
- Deliver significant cost reductions while partnering with top suppliers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and external partners.
- Develop and maintain a lean, diverse, high-performing Supply Management team.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives .
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 6+ years experience in Sourcing or Supply Chain within the manufacturing industry.
- 2+ years experience in strategy consulting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Prior people management experience required.
- Strong analytical skills required.