Sr Buyer, Transportation
Job Id : 491
Location : Nashville, TN or Cincinnati, OH
Are you an up-and-coming transportation procurement professional with experience supporting the logistics category for large manufacturing organizations? Do you have substantial understanding of cost drivers and communicate well with suppliers? Would you be interested utilizing your excellent organizational skills and problem-solving dexterity to navigate an exciting transformational period within a company?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then you may be an ideal fit for the Sr Buyer, Transportation opportunity with our client, a Fortune 500 electronics manufacturer.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Create and execute procurement strategies for the logistics team while building relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Drive improvements in service, inventory reduction and the digitization of logistics activities.
- Negotiate cost savings across all requisitions and categories.
- Manage commercial relationships with 3rd party suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or Operations, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- 3+ years of progressive procurement experience, particularly within a strategic and logistics operational environment.
- Excellent leadership, relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.