Global Sourcing Lead, Packaging
Job Id : 495
Location : Toledo, OH
Are you well-versed in strategic sourcing leadership? Have you managed significant amounts of packaging category spend, to the tune of ~$500M? Are you known for having a track record of success in driving double-digit percentage savings? Do you have strong communication skills that engender mutually beneficial working relationships with stakeholders?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then you may be a fit the Global Sourcing Lead, Packaging role with our client, a Fortune 500 packaging manufacturer!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of best practices in strategic sourcing process for multiple, complex and/or global categories and suppliers.
- Continuous involvement in the supplier selection process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Embraces fact-based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics and cost modeling.
- Develops and executes negotiation strategy; leads negotiation process, collaborating with functional area representatives to ensure optimal terms, conditions, cost and key performance metrics.
- Work with regional sourcing teams to monitor key contracts, identify areas of improvement and share market knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Business is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in a purchasing function, preferably within the manufacturing space.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Well-versed in SAP and Microsoft Office products.