Category Manager, IT
Job Id : 505
Location : Philadelphia, PA or Paterson, NJ
Are you a high-potential sourcing professional with a track record of building partnerships with your organization’s IT leaders, while focusing on improving TCO? Do you have significant experience developing sourcing initiatives for IT categories, including cloud, outsourcing, software, hardware, telecom and professional services? Would you be interested in joining a brand new Category Management organization of a well-established multi-billion dollar organization?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be a perfect fit for the Category Manager, IT role with our client, a global environmental leader, who is both firmly established and poised for significant expansion.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies for IT categories based on thorough analysis of spend data, market dynamics, category intelligence and business requirements.
- Coordinate with legal to establish contract terms and conditions with suppliers that optimize the partnership.
- Identify and capture profit improvement opportunities such as insource vs. outsource, innovation, demand management and process improvements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and third-party providers.
- Develop qualified, competitive sources of supply through comprehensive financial and market reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, finance or business administration; CPM/CPSM certification, preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience.
- Experience working effectively with offshore providers and in global complex organizations.
- Proficient in the use of technology, particularly Microsoft Office and analytics software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.