Commodity Sourcing Specialist, Metals
Job Id : 514
Location : Nashville, TN, Lancaster, PA or Laconia, NH
Are you a sourcing leader with comprehensive experience in sourcing metals commodities? Do you have a knack for building and maintaining key supplier relationships? Have you established a proven track record as a strategic thinker, with an ability to thrive in a high impact environment? Do you have what it takes to successfully collaborate with internal stakeholders through transformational change?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be a fit for the Commodity Sourcing Specialist, Metals role with our client, an industry leading manufacturer owned by a reputable Private Equity firm.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Create, calibrate and execute procurement strategies across all sourcing channels as directed by company leadership.
- Ensure strong vendor relationships through regular communication, while monitoring vendor performance and compliance.
- Gather key metrics to mitigate risk and lower expenses while improving productivity.
- Monitor commodity indices and analyze market trends to leverage favorable conditions and negotiate opportunistic sourcing.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in sourcing/procurement in a manufacturing environment.
- Deep knowledge of sourcing/procurement best practices and the metals market.
- Expert analytical, negotiation and communication and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with great values and work ethics.