Commodity Sourcing Specialist, Plastics
Job Id : 513
Location : Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA or Grand Rapids, MI
Are you a high-energy, strategic leader capable of leading through change? Have you developed an expert understanding of the plastics category through extensive sourcing experience? Do you have the ability to identify, design and implement sourcing strategies to achieve significant cost savings and business growth? Would you be interested in leveraging your expertise within the sourcing function to add value within a growing, Private Equity-backed manufacturing organization?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may be a perfect fit for the Commodity Sourcing Specialist, Plastics role with our private equity-owned manufacturing client!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Develop and support strategic processes in compliance with company’s policies.
- Build and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Negotiate contracts by value analysis with suppliers to achieve maximum cost reduction.
- Drive continuous improvement projects to target business objectives.
- Work with cross-functional teams to select, qualify and evaluate suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in strategic sourcing and commodity management within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven analytical, strategic and financial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with great values and work ethics.
- Strong adaptability and agility in thinking and doing.