Job Id : 516
Location : New York, NY
Would you be interested in leveraging your purchasing expertise and passion for best-in-class processes to maintain the marketing-leading position for a world-renowned organization? Have you worked with both indirect and direct suppliers in low/best cost regions, with a track record for building strong relationships and driving savings? Are you a trusted resource and strategic advisor for your internal business partners across all functions, while helping manage their critical direct and indirect spend?
Our client, an leading musical instrument manufacturer is in need of a Procurement Manager, and if you can answer yes to the above questions, then this might be the ideal opportunity for you.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Develop strategic sourcing processes to drive continuous cost reduction.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to ensure delivery and lead times meet business needs.
- Direct supplier negotiations to improve asset utilization.
- Generate policies, procedures and business processes to reduce inventory investment.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the company’s KPIs, metrics, standard operating procedures and inventory management.
- Lead improvement of business systems enhancements, including electronic tracking tools.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Supply Chain, Finance, Business or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant Procurement/Sourcing experience utilizing emerging technology sourcing tools within a manufacturing environment.
- Established skills in influencing, problem solving, ethics and analytical thinking.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expert technical and Microsoft Office skills.