Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets orthopedic reconstructive devices, spinal and trauma devices, biologics, dental implants, and related surgical products in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
The company offers:
- Orthopedic Reconstructive Devices – that restore function lost due to disease or trauma in joints comprising knees, hips, shoulders, and elbow
- Dental Reconstructive Implants – which restore function and aesthetics in patients who have lost teeth due to trauma or disease
- Spinal Devices – that are utilized for the treatment of degenerative diseases, deformities, and trauma in various regions of the spine
- Trauma Devices – used primarily to reattach or stabilize damaged bone and tissue to support the body natural healing process.
- Surgical Products – such as surgical supplies and instruments to aid in orthopedic surgical procedures and post-operation rehabilitation, and other healthcare related services.
It primarily serves orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, oral surgeons, dentists, hospitals, stocking distributors, and healthcare dealers, as well as agents, healthcare purchasing organizations, or buying groups.
The company was formerly known as Zimmer Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. in June 2015 after merging with Biomet. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Warsaw, Indiana. They were a former subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. ZBH has annual revenue of ~$7B and employs ~18,000 people.
LEADERSHIPZimmer Biomet has an award-winning strategic sourcing organization. Most recently, this group was the winner of the 2022 ISM Supplier Risk & Crisis Management Trailblazer Award.
The team is led by a world-class and well-known CPO, Howard Levy, who is a former colleague of our Managing Partner and close contact of ours. MRA has been a trusted partner to Zimmer Biomet for 9+ years and filled critical roles within Sourcing/Procurement, both in the US and Asia.
Sr. Sourcing Director
Vice President - Global Sourcing & Instruments