CATEGORY MANAGER, IT
Greater Chicago Area Chemicals Permanent
Are you a high-potential sourcing professional with a track record of building partnerships with your organization’s IT leaders, while focusing on improving TCO? Do you have significant experience developing sourcing initiatives for IT categories, including cloud, outsourcing, software, hardware, telecom and professional services? Would you be interested in taking part in a sourcing transformation within a well-established multi-billion dollar organization?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be a perfect fit for the Category Manager, IT role with our client, a global chemical manufacturer, who is both firmly established and poised for significant expansion.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies for IT categories based on thorough analysis of spend data, market dynamics, category intelligence and business requirements.
- Identify and capture profit improvement opportunities such as insource vs. outsource, innovation, demand management and process improvements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and third-party providers.
- Develop qualified, competitive sources of supply through comprehensive financial and market reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, finance or business administration; CPM/CPSM certification, preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience, with 5+ years procurement experience of IT category preferred.
- Strong negotiation and analytic abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of technology, particularly Microsoft Office and analytics software.