Augusta, GA Automotive Permanent
The Commodity Manager will work with internal and external stakeholders to source components needed to launch revolutionary new products and/or support product-line extensions while ensuring the use of common parts across products and leverage platforming opportunities whenever possible.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Manage global and/or regional commodity strategy for plastics/polymers.
- Source required parts/components needed to launch new products and/or support product-line extensions, using common parts and platforming opportunities whenever possible.
- Responsible for developing & executing detailed commodity strategy for NPD including spend segmentation, commodity maturity, cost drivers, and supply market analysis.
- Responsible for conducting or supporting negotiations and supplier selection.
- Lead periodic Commodity Reviews including updated projects, metrics, strategy, and countermeasures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, or related field.
- 5 + years procurement/sourcing experience, consulting, buyer, and/or analyst experience.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, facilitating discussions, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven analytical, strategic, negotiation and financial skills.
- Professional communication; both verbal and written are required.
- Up to 30% travel required.