SOURCING MANAGER, FREIGHT/LOGISTICS (Remote)
Remote Medical Devices Permanent
Are you an expert in leading global sourcing strategies and initiatives for assigned direct or indirect materials, services and CapEx items? Do you have deep experience in the Freight and Purchased Services categories, including Freight Auditing and Brokerage? Are you a trusted business partner who can ensure that the global strategies are executed at regional sites?
If so, then you may be the perfect fit for our client, a large medical device company, looking for a Sourcing Manager, Freight/Logistics to take them to the next level!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Implement global commodity and supplier strategies to achieve challenging year-over-year cost reduction results through supplier collaboration and competition.
- Work closely with all functions, particularly with Operations, Supply Chain, Commercial and other key internal customers.
- Create project plans, implementation strategies, and executes plans.
- Perform sophisticated analyses of market dynamics.
- Help to devise and implement improvement strategies to processes, procedures and project flow in Sourcing.
- Implement ongoing negotiation strategies and managing against short- and long-term market forces which affects the department
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of sourcing experience required.
- Significant knowledge and experience in world-class sourcing practices and techniques.
- Proven success with large scale Freight Negotiations.
- Strong financial, analytical, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Travel up to 20%, once allowable.