SOURCING MANAGER – PROTEINS
Remote Food / Beverage Permanent
Are you a highly analytical professional with a strong sourcing background in the food industry? Do you have a knack for building successful partnerships with cross-functional leaders at both the corporate and plant level? Would you be enticed by the opportunity to grow your career within a profitable and progressive company, owned by Private Equity?
Our leading Food industry manufacturer client is experiencing explosive growth and is looking for a top performer to join their team as Category Manager – Proteins!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans for the assigned category, including chicken, beef and pork.
- Manage supplier performance and conduct reviews for continuous improvement.
- Conduct strategic sourcing initiatives and cost/process optimization opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Provide sourcing and analytical expertise to achieve efficiency gain.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance with emphasis in Ag Business.
- 5+ years of applicable experience in procurement, particularly with chicken, beef and/or pork by products.
- Effective project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Travel 25-40%, including international, may be required.