SOURCING MANAGER, TRANSPORTATION
Greater Indianapolis Area Other Permanent
Are you an accomplished sourcing practitioner, experienced in developing strategies for logistics categories? Have you successfully managed sourcing for multiple transportation modes, like LTL, TL, 3PL, ocean, etc.? Can you work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, utilizing your expertise of the Logistics category, to strategize, drive productivity and add value within a world-class consumer packaging organization?
Our client, a multi-billion dollar manufacturing leader is looking to hire a Sourcing Manager, Transportation to take their company to the next level. If you answered yes to the questions above, you may be a fit!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Effectively and continuously source qualified carriers to meet NA shipping demands.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the enterprise and manage third-party supplier relationships.
- Establish negotiate contract terms and conditions to maximize profit margin.
- Monitor the market for category leading practices and demand/supply shifts.
- Organize and report on carrier performance utilizing KPIs to internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as logistics or supply chain, preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in logistics and transportation.
- Strong analytical, organization, financial, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Expertise in TMS software, SAP, Freight RFQ, and Microsoft Office, etc.