New York, NY Other Permanent
Do you consider yourself to be a high-performing Sourcing/Procurement practitioner with a highly analytical mindset? Do you have experience matching customer needs with supplier capabilities? Would you be interested in an opportunity to positively affect the bottom line and help your organization meet its’ growing and changing business needs? Have you supported multiple supplier relationships and improved supplier performance?
If you answered yes to the questions above then you might be a fit for our client, a national packaging leader, who currently has a need for a Sourcing Specialist.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Develop and drive sourcing strategies for suppliers and categories, while incorporating best practices and aligning with company strategies.
- Utilize research on current industry trends and best practices to streamline business processes and drive down cost.
- Participate in regular reviews with suppliers to ensure all terms and conditions are met and that any problems are identified and resolved / mitigated in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal business stakeholders and external vendors to maximize business potential.
- Bachelor’s degree required; P.M certified preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in procurement and supply chain within a distribution and/or manufacturing environment, preferably with rigid packaging materials experience.
- Excellent contract knowledge and negotiation skills.
- Ability to proactively address issues and employ effective problem-solving techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.