Naseem A. Malik
The Children's Place
The Children’s Place is a well-known American specialty retailer that primarily focuses on clothing and accessories for children. Established in 1969, the company has grown to become a prominent player in the children’s apparel industry. The Children’s Place offers a wide range of stylish and affordable clothing for infants, toddlers, and kids up to 14 years old. Their product line includes everything from casual wear and school uniforms to formal attire and seasonal outfits. With a strong presence both in physical stores and online, The Children’s Place is a go-to destination for parents and caregivers looking to dress their children in fashionable and functional clothing.
We are looking for an innovative Procurement Manager to join our procurement team. You will have responsibility for the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on the Procurement process.
The Procurement Manager will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all Non-Merchandise goods and services across a variety of departments and products/services.
- Collaborate with finance, business and other key stakeholders to help achieve/realize planned benefits.
- Evaluate, review, validate and approve project charters in collaboration with finance.
- Validate addressable spend of prospective projects.
- Inform bi-monthly operating expense and capital expenditure forecasts based upon results of procurement activities.
- Coordinate with finance and business in identifying and quantifying bottoms-up benefits opportunities based upon Procurement Roadmap.
- Detailed review of spend data by type (e.g. Distribution, Professional Fees, etc.) and department (e.g. Advertising, IT, etc.) in support of keep Procurement Roadmap current and forward-looking.
- Validate spend classification of non-merchandise spend through discussions with departmental finance partners.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Within Contracts Tracker, update and revise various project attributes including status, timing of implementation and accounting treatment.
- Create procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce overall expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement or purchasing.
- Strong understanding of procurement and in-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts and invoicing.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
This role is based out of company headquarters in Secaucus, NJ.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.