About Club Car
Club Car, LLC is a U.S. based manufacturer of small-wheel, zero-emissions electric vehicles. The Company distributes electric and gasoline golf cars for recreational use and off-road utility vehicles for golf, commercial, and industrial use through an expansive global network. With more than 60 years of industry-leading innovation and design, Club Car achieved superior vehicle performance leading it to become the official golf car of the PGA of America, PGA TOUR Tournament Players Club (TPC) Network and European Tour.
Founded in 1958, Club Car was recently acquired by Platinum Equity Advisors, LLC. The company operates a worldwide network of more than 350 dealers and distributors and generates ~$1.5B in revenue annually.
Manager Material Control
Manages and coordinates activities of the tactical supply chain operations assuring all required material is in place on the manufacturing line for continuous, uninterrupted production. Manages warehousing and distribution to internal customers on timely and safe basis. Coordinates closely with Manufacturing, Warehouse and Sourcing on daily basis. Actively participates in all areas of employment, performance evaluations, associate relations, and associate development while promoting total employee involvement.
Partners with other staff elements to develop & improve Club Car’s procurement process to optimize productivity throughout Manufacturing & Materials functions. Develops, establishes, & reviews Safety, Quality, Productivity, & Customer Service metrics relating to Materials functions; Implements & exercises adequate controls to assure performance levels equal or surpass specified levels. Establishes initiatives that raise the accuracy / quality / productivity, lowers cost for company.
Reviews metrics to determine their usefulness & gaps. Assesses production schedules and ensures delivery of raw materials and components to manufacturing line. This position interacts with Suppliers / Engineering / Manufacturing / Customer Service / Service Parts / Sourcing / QA / Warehousing / Inventory Control/ Fabrication/Production. Minimal travel to Suppliers (two – three times a year).
- Solves daily planning & material problems such as inventory shortages, shipping schedule fluctuations, hot car orders, vendor delinquencies, & production problems; develops long term solutions to minimize daily production problems.
- Participates in planning activities of production & raw materials, supplier inbound logistics, & inventory control.
- Coordinates the tactical supply chain for main plant and warehouse operations. Ensures changes are implemented into manufacturing efficiently, adjustments are made to production plans accordingly & appropriately communicated to affected areas.
- Directs the control of inventory & establishes inventory budget, defines optimum stock quantities, size & frequency of replenishment & planning future requirements based on orders, production schedules & forecasts. Identifies opportunities for inventory reduction, recommends disposition of obsolete & excess inventory.
- Partners with other materials and logistics leaders for inventory accuracy, cycle counts & physical inventory processes.
- Interviews & hires, plans & assigns work, instructs in methods & procedures, monitors & reviews performance, coaches staff & makes salary recommendations for associates. Ensures associates follow company & department policies & procedures.
- Develops short & long term improvements to processes to maximize efficiency & maintain safety. Implements cost-saving initiatives.
- Evaluates software & computer systems such as MAPICS / Synchrono/ Dem& Solutions to assure the most current techniques are being used or developed.
- Manages logistics planning for internal consumption of materials.
- Ensures a safe workplace is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance. Completes accident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies accidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Promotes and supports the company’s efforts in associate involvement concepts, and “open door” communications through the development and or implementation of various programs.
- Promotes commitment to quality through attitude, behavior, communication, and development / implementation of programs and activities.
- Communicates / updates shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
- Manages two supervisors and approximately 70 hourly employees working across three shifts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline required.
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in material flow management in a manufacturing setting is required.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment and any necessary certifications
- Knowledge of material requirements and capacity requirements planning and inventory management techniques.
- Proficiency with one or more material flow systems, Microsoft Office applications and timekeeping software such as ADP.
- Good understanding of consumer products, high volume lean manufacturing, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes.
- Ability to integrate business, manufacturing, and technical elements.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to enhance a team environment, including development of team-oriented leaders and members.
- Must possess clear thought process of defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions using Lean / Operational Excellence / Operational Excellence methodologies.
- Trains and develops employees so that talent is retained, and succession plans remove gaps in bench strength.
- Able to make timely decision in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Understanding of General Manufacturing best practices, Fabrication operations and equipment are required.
- Exceptional leadership and project management skills with the ability to drive project-specific issues and goals to closure.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal company and external associates, both written and orally.
- Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout day.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds as well as occasional lifting of objects 25 to 50 pounds.
- Work involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, or vehicles.
- Requires use of protective clothing.
- This role is based out company headquarters in Augusta, GA.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Vice President of Operations