Omniva is a privately funded venture fueled by boundless resources and innovation, poised to revolutionize the cloud technology landscape.
Serving as the technology wing of a dynamic portfolio encompassing energy, real estate, and construction, Omniva charts an unprecedented course to claim dominance in compute cloud infrastructure.
The Supply Chain Software Architect imagines and leads others to develop and integrate the Company Supply Chain platform using the latest Cloud-Native Technology and Open Source software coupled with 3rd party software and supplier data interfaces. Omniva integrates, designs and develops software for supply chain functions, telemetry, and automation to optimize customer experience, cost, and employee experience. The company leverages the most advanced technologies, tools, and software engineering methodologies working in close collaboration with internal colleagues and external partners.
They are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Software Architect with supply chain platform experience to join the team. As a Supply Chain Software Architect, you will be responsible for leading, designing, developing, and testing the software that powers our supply chain from new product introduction to end of life, from planning to delivery, and from cash to data center. The ideal candidate will have experience in architecting, designing, building and maintaining a supply chain software platform for a large-scale Cloud Infrastructure operation.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to the supply chain software team, scrum team(s), and vendors’ software and information technology teams.
- Work collaboratively with Company engineering control plane team, networking software, data center software, internal supply chain experts—e.g. industrial engineers, component/quality engineers, new product introduction program managers, demand and supply planners, sourcing—to architect, develop, test, and deliver the supply chain technical capabilities required by the business.
- Lead engagements with supply vendors and 3rd party software vendors on software technical decisions, representing the Company’s interest in design, testing, and minimum viable product delivery.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship the developers and one or more scrum teams.
- Work with developers to evaluate and prototype new technologies and early stage development work to provide technology differentiation.
- Develop complex codes and conduct detail code reviews with the scrum teams to ensure high quality, scalable and extensible code.
- Design for scale, low toil for developers and low waste for users.
- Investigate and resolve complex supply chain issues with software solutions and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Integrate in high-level problem analysis and solution design with Product Owner and Product Management.
- Evaluate and recommend software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Research, validate and recommend platform architecture.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 15+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in architecture, high-availability and extensible platform development.
- Experience in building platform at scale interfacing to infrastructure and exposing interfaces to applications and workloads
- Expertise in Cloud Native Technology and apply the best-of-breed modern technology to the development of the Company Supply Chain Platform.
- Expertise in software automation.
- Expertise in API design and interface for on-prem and multi-cloud.
- Experience in using hyperscaler public cloud – AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Expertise in Java, Spring framework, Spring boot, Spring batch with a good knowledge of its ecosystems, solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Deep Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Expertise in VMs and container implementation with solid experience and understanding of Kubernetes, naming conventions and services, event-driven architecture, Rancher/Openshift or equivalent.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed.
- Technical curiosity – willingness to explore and learn new technologies.
- Able to translate “No.” or “Unlikely.” into “This is what it will take.”
The role is based out of Houston, TX.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.