Omniva is a privately funded venture fueled by boundless resources and innovation, poised to revolutionize the cloud technology landscape.
Serving as the technology wing of a dynamic portfolio encompassing energy, real estate, and construction, Omniva charts an unprecedented course to claim dominance in compute cloud infrastructure.
NPI Program Manager, Supply Chain
Omniva Supply Chain is seeking an New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Manager responsible for overseeing the readiness, execution, and delivery of all NPI builds to support hardware products for Omniva Data Centers.
This function requires a mastery understanding of NPI product release process, principles and practices of purchasing, supply chain node strategy, supplier development and management, materials planning, bill of material information systems, test and quality outcomes, and business outcomes.
This role necessitates the ability to work under minimum supervision, risk management, change management, and the intuition and leadership to bring divergent disciples and perspective to the table to solve tactical problems.
The candidate will partner closely with Sourcing Managers, Manufacturing Quality Engineers, Technical Program Managers, and Hardware Engineering product teams to align commodity and sourcing strategies with product requirements, support TCO analysis, initiate tasks for purchase request, interface with suppliers on build and ship plans, contribute to statements of work and support BOM accuracy activities, amongst other responsibilities as outlined.
In the end, all pre-production and early production builds should occur on-time with the right quantity, right quality, and right cost structure. Further by leveraging an optimized supply chain strategy, products should launch with the ability to scale to anticipated production levels, meeting run-rate key performance indicators (KPIs) within days of first launch with rapid learning curve for suppliers, manufacturing and logistics vendors, and Omniva personnel.
- Interactions involve strategic and tactical procurement activities in a global environment.
- Alignment of NPI BOMs to AVL, commodity technologies and risk mitigation strategies.
- Propose and execute solutions to eliminate shortages impacting build and ship schedules during pre-production and early production environments.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and manage product BOM and cost.
- Complete TCO analysis to ensure project cost are meeting or beating cost objectives.
- Communicate forecast and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective.
- Act as the primary liaison between CM/ODM and Omniva teams monitoring, managing and driving the CM/ODM to assure build goals/schedule is being met.
- Bachelors degree; bachelors degree in computer, electrical, electronics, or mechanical engineering preferred.
- 10+ years experience in NPI program management; 5+ years experience in server components preferred; 10+ years in electronics experience preferred.
- Masters in Business Administration or engineering preferred.
- Have used and can teach a risk management framework.
- Have used and can teach a change management framework.
- Certified in project/program management and/or 10+ year experience.
- Able to teach program management principles and best practices—e.g. to suppliers.
- Able to synthesize large amount of project data into salient points for executives, including adherence to (and trends towards) standards for scope, schedule, resources, and KPIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English.
- Able to read and speak Mandarin is a plus.
- Analytical – able to build spreadsheets to measure and track current state, build sensitivity analyses, and derive direction for others to meet quantitative KPIs.
- Results-focused, including the ability to translate customer, financial, and technical outcomes into responsibilities of the NPI PM role and the virtual stakeholder team required to execute NPI PM outcomes.
- Able to lead through matrix management a team that is co-located, remote, and outside the company.
- Able to apply fundamental Lean and Six Sigma principles to NPI PM practices to drive simplicity and low variability in outcomes.
- Can contribute to process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (pFMEA) work managed by others within the Supply Chain organization.
This role will be based out of Seattle or Santa Clara, CA.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.