Davis-Standard is a renowned global manufacturing solutions provider for the plastics and rubber industry. With a rich history spanning 175 years, Davis-Standard has become a trusted partner, offering innovative and technologically advanced solutions that set industry benchmarks.
The company specializes in designing, developing, and producing a wide range of extrusion and converting systems. Their cutting-edge portfolio includes extruders, film systems, coating and laminating equipment, pelletizing systems, and various downstream accessories, catering to diverse industries such as packaging, automotive, construction, medical, and consumer products.
With advanced manufacturing facilities strategically located worldwide, Davis-Standard ensures the consistent delivery of top-notch products known for their craftsmanship and durability. Their global network of service centers and skilled technicians provides exceptional support and maintenance, minimizing production disruptions and maximizing operational uptime.
Committed to sustainability and environmental stewardship, the company integrates energy-efficient technologies and recycling initiatives into their operations. They actively contribute to a greener future, making it an appealing choice for professionals seeking purposeful work.
The company was acquired in 2021 by a private equity firm, Gamut Capital. D-S is headquartered in Pawcatuck, CT and employs 1500+ people worldwide.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading all day to day purchasing activities in the Fulton, NY Plant. This role manages a team of buyers and expeditors. The Purchasing Manager works to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the purchasing team while driving cost savings within the supply chain. Primary areas of spend include electrical, mechanical and other direct commodities.
- Oversees the purchase of raw material, standard parts, custom parts, auxiliaries and facilities requirements in a timely and economical manner.
- Provides training and coaching to team on purchasing process, tools and best practices.
- Executes cost reduction projects per annual plan.
- Completes employee evaluations and development plans.
- Acts as key point of contact for operational issues that need to be escalated (late deliveries, capacity constraints, quality issues).
- Monitors and drives improvement to the purchasing “on-time to operation” metric. Develops and implements other KPI’s as required.
- Optimize inventory levels to balance OTD with working capital efficiency.
- Ensures purchase order guidelines (authorization levels, confirmation dates, past due PO’s, pricing) are adhered to by the team.
- Implements sourcing strategies and ensures all Change Communication forms are actioned within a timely manner.
- Supports product specific lead-time reduction efforts.
- Responsible for item master data integrity and its on-going maintenance. Ensures ordering parameters are consistent with business unit requirements and supplier capabilities.
- Communicates and prioritizes supplier needs and issues to the sourcing team.
- Attends weekly / monthly production and global purchasing meetings as required.
- Takes direction from and works closely with site leader on production needs.
- 8+ years procurement experience required in an engineered component/manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Excel a must.
- Experience with ERP based purchasing systems.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- In the course of employment the Purchasing Manager will have access to or receive confidential information, which would harm the Employer if known by our competitors or other non-Company employees.
- Under no circumstances shall confidential information be shared with, used for personal purposes, or shown to friends, family members, Employees or any third party either inside or outside of Davis-Standard, LLC either during or after employment.
- Likewise, it is important not to leave confidential information anywhere where unauthorized persons will have access.
This role is based out of the Fulton, NY facility, which is located near Syracuse.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Chief Procurement Officer
Director - NA Supply Chain