Founders CPA is a leading boutique accounting firm dedicated to helping venture-backed startups within the blockchain, FinTech, and Saas industries grow and succeed. The firm is comprised of a team of experienced CPAs and financial professionals who provide a wide range of accounting, tax, and advisory services tailored to the unique needs of small businesses.
The company is adept at managing the challenges that come with launching and running a successful startup. They take a proactive approach to working with clients, providing personalized guidance and support to help them achieve their business goals. The firm is committed to using the latest technology and best practices to streamline its clients’ accounting processes and provide them with timely, accurate financial information.
Headquartered in downtown Chicago, Founders CPA has been in rapid growth mode since its inception in 2017.
What We Value
Founders CPA values diversity and the unique perspectives each team member brings to the firm. Together, they work in alignment with their 5 core values:
- FIOTA – Figure It Out Then Ask. – Find innovation where the opportunity exists and embrace an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Authentic Relationships – Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when working with clients and balance empathy and constructive feedback among peers to challenge everyone to grow & develop.
- Accountability – Do what you say you will when you say you’ll do it and deliver outcomes that you are proud to put your name on.
- Teach Others to Fish – Use your expertise to help others – Whether it be hands-on teaching, through documentation, or another mode of knowledge transfer. The important thing is that we use what we know to help others grow.
- Thoughtful Communication – Appropriately deliver timely, thorough, and solutions focused messages to your colleagues and clients in a courteous manner.
What You'll Do
As a member of the team, you will provide tax services to clients and oversee staff level tax team members. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The preparation and review of corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns with a strong focus on individual tax for founders and high net worth individuals.
- Managing, developing, and mentoring members of the tax team.
- Identifying and developing solutions for complex tax issues.
- Answering client inquiries and working with management to triage and problem solve tax issues or questions.
- Developing process improvements in company tax procedures.
- Producing quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Engaging in strategic tax planning with individual & business clients.
- Ad hoc tax projects & research.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate exhibits the following skills and/or characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar field.
- A passion for all things tax.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or Enrolled Agent (EA) is required.
- Familiarity with ProConnect, CCH Axcess is a plus.
- 4+ years of proven experience as a tax manager, public accountant, or similar role.
- Experience with or interest in crypto taxation is a bonus.
- A borderline unhealthy obsession with being organized.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Professionalism and commitment to exceptional communication and client service.
- Mastery of Excel or Google sheets is required.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Gusto, Bloomberg Tax Research, fx Scan Workstation and ScanAutoFlow a plus.
- Casual dress.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (health, dental, vision, and retirement), including profit-sharing bonuses.
- Autonomy of work and ability to grow quickly within the company.
- A company culture that places emphasis on work-life balance and individual career goals.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of innovative clients in emerging industries.
- Opportunity for hybrid remote and in-office work arrangements.
Comp & Benefits
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Hybrid position based out of company headquarters, located in Chicago, IL.
Founder and CFO