Naseem A. Malik
West Pharmaceutical Services
West Pharmaceutical Services is a global leader pioneering in innovative solutions for injectable drug administration and delivery systems. Founded in 1923, the company specializes in creating cutting-edge packaging and delivery systems for pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare industries.
Their extensive portfolio includes products like vial containment, syringe systems, and drug administration technologies, all designed with a focus on safety, reliability, and enhancing patient experience.
With a relentless commitment to quality and leveraging advanced technologies, West empowers the healthcare sector by enabling safer, more efficient drug delivery solutions worldwide. Their dedication to innovation and excellence continues to shape the future of healthcare delivery.
Global Category Manager - Chemicals, Adhesives & Fillers
Provide leadership and strategic direction for the management, identification, implementation and alignment of global sourcing strategies and network capabilities for Chemicals, Adhesives, and Fillers categories. Identify metrics, tools and processes to develop and optimize sourcing strategies, supplier management, efficiencies, and work collaboratively with other team’s members to prioritize and drive their execution.
In this capacity, does further transform new market trends, potential sources, and future technologies into solutions previously unknown to West. Identify, develop, and manage strategic business relationships and gain comprehensive understanding of global dynamics and business requirements. Evaluate supplier capabilities and establish new sources as business requirement dictates. This role will be reporting to Director Global Category Management Direct Materials.
- Lead cross-functional project teams of internal (e.g., Engineering, QA, R&D, SCM) and external stakeholders and execute related sourcing initiatives to deliver optimal total cost of ownership.
- Develop cost savings programs, lead sourcing initiatives, and implement category strategies that directly impact West financials and growth plans. Generate plans for a minimum of 5% YOY cost improvement.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and interface with senior management as required.
- Manage the development and execution of the supply agreements with suppliers encompassing key program specifications and functional objectives.
- Develop and lead global category risk mitigation strategies to ensure that the material/service is secured and delivered resulting in no impact to West.
- Identification of opportunities by means of profile and segment categorization, spend analysis, opportunity assessment and stakeholder mapping, finding, and implementing forward looking strategic sourcing solutions.
- Perform Needs and Situation Analysis by researching market trends and assessing supplier capabilities, while fully understanding and having a deep knowledge of the global landscape of the Chemicals, Adhesive, Fillers Category in terms of supplier base, technologies, competitive environment, market trends and cost drivers.
- Develop sourcing options by assessing the market, supplier and West positioning, determination of the go-to-market strategy, and develop and presenting a business case to West Senior Leadership.
- Prepare and deliver monthly sourcing project updates to the relevant category projects along with tracking, deliverables and next steps. Creation and execution of detailed project and negotiation plans, project executive summaries and a high-level implementation plan.
- Strongly collaborate with legal during supplier contract negotiations, while fully understanding the structure and terms of common contracts and business models.
- Implement and sustain by execution of the implementation strategy, supplier performance management, continuous improvement and savings documentation.
- Perform supplier relationship management to ensure continuous improvement and innovation, best in class pricing, product and service quality, continuity of goods and services, and alignment with internal stakeholders and company strategies.
- Collaborate with quality to identify and assess potential risks and benefits of sourcing decisions and clearly present mitigation proposals to West Senior Leadership. Work with supplier quality ensuring sustained product supply-quality-compliance.
- Collaborate with finance on the annual budget process by providing reliable cost estimates and realistic forecasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs according to skills and education.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a Business, manufacturing, engineering or Technical curriculum, or equivalent, preferred.
- 11+ years of progressive business experience in sourcing/supplier/category management or related functions, preferably with manufacturing, industrial, chemical or MedTech industry.
- Supplier and contract management experience.
- Ability to work with senior leadership teams at manufacturing sites and global headquarters.
- Strong influencing, change management, and negotiation skills.
- Present and advocate sourcing cases to a variety of audiences with self-confidence.
- Ability to respectfully communicate to and challenge senior leadership.
- Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, proactive.
- Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
Self-starter and independent worker.
- Proficiency in English.
- Able to be aware of all relevant standard operating procedures as per Company policy as they are related to this position.
- Support and contribute to Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target.
- Able to comply with the company’s safety policy at all times.
- Able to comply with the company’s quality policy at all times.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
This role is based out of company headquarters in Exton, PA.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Director, Product Category Management, Procurement