Naseem A. Malik
West Pharmaceutical Services
West Pharmaceutical Services is a global leader pioneering in innovative solutions for injectable drug administration and delivery systems. Founded in 1923, the company specializes in creating cutting-edge packaging and delivery systems for pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare industries.
Their extensive portfolio includes products like vial containment, syringe systems, and drug administration technologies, all designed with a focus on safety, reliability, and enhancing patient experience.
With a relentless commitment to quality and leveraging advanced technologies, West empowers the healthcare sector by enabling safer, more efficient drug delivery solutions worldwide. Their dedication to innovation and excellence continues to shape the future of healthcare delivery.
Global Strategic Sourcing Manager - Resins & Injection Molding
The Global Strategic Sourcing Manager Resins & Injection Molding is a high-impact, highly visible position that will develop and execute global plans utilizing the strategic sourcing process. This position serves a key strategic role at West, providing overall resin & plastics injection molding strategy to support internal global manufacturing sites and external plastics molding suppliers for CM & Devices business.
This role develops, leads, and executes corporate sourcing initiatives and global strategies for all the resins, injection molded parts, PVC and tubing that deliver value to the business by improving quality, mitigating supply risks, reducing total costs, and focusing on continuous improvement. This position leads cross-functional teams & interfaces with specific functions within the company based on the category to understand needs, considering key business objectives and corporate priorities.
The Global Strategic Sourcing Manager Resins & Injection Molding is responsible for performing complex data analysis, analyzing global plastics spending, evaluate resin hedging programs, conducting market research, risk mitigation strategies, supplier negotiations, and implementing progressive programs that provide the company with a competitive advantage. This role will be reporting to Sr. Director Global Strategic Sourcing CM & Devices.
- Manage companywide resin & plastics molded components spend and the related supply base in support of plant, business unit, and corporate goals (Service, Quality, Cost, Working Capital).
- Build business relationships and work with key business partners/leadership to gain a solid understanding of strategic direction, supply requirements, business objectives, and priorities to develop global or regional category-specific supply strategies.
- Provide resin market and industry intelligence to help inform and shape overall plastics & molded parts strategy.
- Work closely with the Businesses/Plants to identify and execute strategic sourcing plans to achieve annual cost savings of 5%+ for this category group.
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the company with Year-Over-Year (YOY) productivity expectations.
- Facilitate plastics raw material projects across appropriate plant functional areas from start to completion, including proper communication to suppliers, identification of metrics with measurement of success.
- Lead supplier selection processes in alignment with business partners and negotiate contracts up to final authorization.
- Utilize experience in injection & extrusion molding and understanding of the relevant manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, and its applications.
- Develop and/or maintain an in-depth global market knowledge of plastics commodity, supplier technologies, and related industries: including cost drivers, global execution, leverage across multiple manufacturing locations, and understanding specific supply issues.
- Maintain and review supplier performance to ensure conformance to supplier management goals (cost, quality, delivery) Ensure timely resolution of all disputes.
- Develop and lead sourcing strategies for categories, and deliver effective Requests for Proposals (RFP), as necessary.
- Act as a subject matter expert resource to the internal sites purchasing and external contract manufacturing for commodity direction & strategy implementation.
- Provide guidance to R&D (technical and commercial) and Engineering teams regarding new industry trends and provide market intelligence.
- Lead the risk management and supply continuity programs for the category.
- Manage contracts and suppliers through supplier scorecards, periodic business reviews; active monitoring of supplier performance and risk, measuring contract compliance and other key metrics to ensure targets are being met and value is being delivered to the business under the supply agreements.
- Perform category management activities and contract life-cycle management to include reviewing/renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing and commercial terms. Proactively address marketplace changes managing any known or potential business impacts
- Provide commodity guidance and build an annual budgeting plan for the plastics resins and injection molding category.
- Collaborate with finance on the annual budget process by providing reliable cost estimates and realistic forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, manufacturing, engineering, or technical curriculum, required; Master’s degree in a Business, manufacturing, engineering, or technical curriculum, or equivalent, preferred.
- 11+ years of progressive business experience in sourcing/supplier/category management or related functions, preferably with manufacturing, industrial, chemical or MedTech industry.
- Medical device or manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Ability to work with senior leadership teams at manufacturing sites and global headquarters.
- Strong influencing, change management, and negotiation skills.
- Present and advocate sourcing cases to a variety of audiences with self-confidence.
- Ability to respectfully communicate to and challenge senior leadership.
- Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, proactive.
- Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Self-starter and independent worker.
- Proficiency in English.
- Able to be aware of all relevant standard operating procedures as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description.
- Support and contribute to Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target.
- Able to comply with the company’s safety & quality policy at all times.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
This role is based out of company headquarters in Exton, PA.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Sr. Director Sourcing