Naseem A. Malik
Metal Exchange Corporation
Metal Exchange Corporation is a globally recognized company specializing in the trading, processing, and distribution of various metals and alloys. With a history spanning several decades, the company has established itself as a reliable and innovative player in the metals industry. Metal Exchange Corporation serves a diverse range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, construction, electronics, and more, by providing high-quality metals sourced from reputable suppliers around the world. Committed to sustainable practices, advanced technology, and exceptional customer service, the company is dedicated to meeting the unique metal needs of its clients while contributing to the growth and advancement of industries worldwide.
Manager, Corporate Services
As the Manager, Corporate Procurement, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies required to plan, source, negotiate and implement the procurement of various corporate indirect goods and services. Potential categories of support include I/S, Marketing, Finance, Legal, HR, Audit, Corporate Facilities, Real Estate, and Consulting. Working with procurement leadership, this role will create a long-term sustainable approach to integrate procurement best practices into all areas of corporate spending. In addition, this role will also take on active development and execution of new and /or improved enterprise-wide procurement process and policy implementations.
- Category Procurement Strategy: Develop and implement comprehensive procurement strategies and policies for designated corporate categories that align with the company’s goals, ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services.
- Supplier Management: Identify potential suppliers, conduct market research, evaluate supplier capabilities, and negotiate contracts to ensure reliable sources of materials, goods, and services for designated categories.
- Cost Management: Work closely with finance and budgeting teams to establish and monitor procurement budgets for assigned categories, optimize spending, and identify opportunities for cost reduction without compromising quality.
- Risk Management: Assess and mitigate procurement-related risks within designated categories, including supply chain disruptions, price fluctuations, and compliance issues. Develop contingency plans to ensure uninterrupted production.
- Contract Management: Oversee the preparation, review, and execution of procurement contracts for designated categories, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as production, engineering, and quality assurance teams, to understand their procurement needs within designated categories and ensure timely delivery of materials and supplies.
- Conduct RFP and RFI’s, working closely with stakeholders and legal to define and document scopes of work, contract language, negotiate, and manage professional services agreements.
- Supplier Performance Evaluation: Monitor supplier performance within designated categories and conduct regular reviews to maintain high standards of quality, delivery, and service levels.
- Compliance and Ethics: Ensure procurement activities within designated categories adhere to company policies, ethical standards, and industry regulations, promoting a culture of transparency and integrity.
- Process and Policy Enhancement: Seek to drive effective procurement processes supported by enterprise policies and procedures.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in procurement and supply chain management within designated categories, proactively identifying opportunities for process improvements and implementing them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Required experience of 3-5 years within procurement and preferred experience related to procurement of corporate services
- Experience negotiating and/or interacting directly with external suppliers / business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple procurement projects within designated categories simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Understands key components of procurement finance – cost savings vs avoidance, PPV, supply chain finance, ROI calculations, etc..
- Proficiency in procurement software and / or procurement P2P processes.
- Fluent in understanding and negotiating basic terms and conditions associated with procurement of corporate services
- Familiarity with industry regulations, compliance standards, and best practices related to designated categories.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve common procurement goals.
- Adaptability to dynamic business environments and changing market conditions.
- A proactive approach to identifying cost-saving opportunities and process efficiencies.
This role is based out of St. Louis, MO.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with robust matching contribution
- Generous allotment of paid vacation and paid holidays
- Competitive wages plus performance-based bonus opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Ample opportunity for career growth and advancement
- Relocation package may be available
Vice President, Procurement