Naseem A. Malik
Oliver Healthcare Packaging
Oliver Healthcare Packaging is a global leader in specialized sterile packaging solutions for the healthcare industry. They design, manufacture, and deliver high-performance packaging products tailored specifically for medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and other healthcare products.
Client satisfaction is at the core of Oliver’s business philosophy. Their responsive and dedicated team works closely with healthcare providers, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and contract packagers worldwide to develop customized packaging solutions that meet their unique requirements and adhere to regulatory standards. Moreover, the company prioritizes sustainability by implementing eco-friendly practices, using recyclable materials, and optimizing packaging designs for efficiency and waste reduction.
Founded as a machinery company in 1890, Oliver transitioned into the medical space in 1968. The company has a global reach with tech labs and manufacturing facilities throughout the US, Europe and China. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, the company employs just over 1000 people.
Oliver has recently embarked on a multi-year project to implement SAP S/4 HANA & MES (Manufacturing Execution System) at all manufacturing locations. At the heart of this project is a business process transformation that pairs industry best practices with technology to deliver an improved end user and customer experience.
The Planning/SIOP Project Manager is a full-time position responsible for ensuring the success of the ERP Implementation Project through effective business process design, change leadership, and project management. The Planning/SIOP Project Manager will work closely with the Director of Global SIOP, the project team, and end users to design and deliver an effective ERP solution.
This role is primarily responsible for the solution as it relates to:
- Production Planning Processes (e.g. Capacity planning, Master Production Scheduling, etc.)
- Detailed Scheduling Processes (e.g. Schedule optimization, Production Order Release, etc.)
- Demand Planning & Broader SIOP (Sales, Inventory, & Operations Planning) Processes
This position will provide an in depth understanding of Oliver’s business processes and technical solution that will serve as the foundation to have the opportunity to move into a leadership position within the Global SIOP organization which includes Production Planning & Scheduling, Demand Planning, and SFG/FG Inventory Management.
- Working with project stakeholders to design and implement consistent business practices and processes across the organization, smartly separating current processes that are unique to Oliver’s value proposition and represent a competitive advantage from those that should be industry or business best practices.
- Develop effective relationships with project stake holders- especially subject matter experts and end users, crossing geographic and functional boundaries.
- Understand and apply effective change management practices to ensure the success of the end users and project stake holders.
- Quickly identify stakeholders’ business problems and provide best practice consultation.
- Working with the Director of Global Business Integration, Project Team, and System Integration Partners, develop and maintain an effective Project Plan to accomplish the objectives of the Project.
- Utilize project managers’ toolkit (scope documents, timeline, risk log, etc.) to manage the project and communicate with the organization.
- Manage defined resources (time, budget, human capital, etc.) to deliver project objectives.
Solution Design and Delivery
- Assist in Design, Development, and Testing of ERP Solution to support Oliver’s business processes and practices.
- Facilitate solution testing and readiness evaluation.
- Participate in the solution delivery during the go live/implementation phase.
- Support the business post Go-Live during “hyper-care” support phase.
- Drive Continuous improvement initiatives for sites that are on SAP.
- 4 year degree
- 5 years minimum experience in Production Planning, Production Scheduling, or closely related functions.
- Experience leading major business transformation initiatives.
- Ability to develop and facilitate effective training.
- Experience leveraging ERP solutions to support production planning/scheduling business processes.
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to analyze and understand complex business issues, evaluate risks, and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, disciplines, geographies, and throughout the organization.
- Ability to understand business processes and quickly uncover opportunities for improvement.
Due to the unique nature of an ERP Implementation, the Project Team will have occasional periods of intense work sessions, requiring occasional international and domestic travel along with longer hours (possible albeit infrequent evening and/or weekends). Through the effective deployment of technology, team members may be able to work remotely during these times.
- Ability to travel (US and internationally) – between 10 – 30%
- Ability to work evenings
- Ability to work weekends
Education and/or Experience
- Masters in business, Supply Chain Management, or relevant discipline
- Experience in Demand Planning, Inventory Management Best Practices, and/or SIOP (or S&OP)
- Experience in supervisory or managerial position(s)
- Demonstrate empathy when working with project stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, choosing message content, tone, and method appropriate for the audience and situation.
- SAP S/4 Hana
- SAP ePPDS
- SAP IBP
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- PMP Certification or course work related to Project Mgt
- Proficiency in Office 365, SharePoint, MS Project
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Ability to work under pressure
This role can be based out of Grand Rapids, MI or Trevose, PA.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Director of Global SIOP