Paragon Medical is a leading medical technology company that specializes in designing, manufacturing, and supplying high-quality surgical instruments and medical devices. With a strong focus on innovation and precision, Paragon Medical aims to enhance patient outcomes by providing healthcare professionals with cutting-edge tools and solutions. The company collaborates closely with healthcare experts to develop products that meet the evolving needs of the medical industry. Paragon Medical’s commitment to quality, reliability, and advanced technology has positioned it as a trusted partner for medical professionals worldwide.
Paragon Medical is a global medical manufacturer that produces medical devices and components that directly impact the health and lives of people around the world. With over a dozen locations worldwide they offer extensive opportunities for you to grow and advance your career.
Paragon Medical is seeking a Sourcing Manager to join their Corporate Supply Management team. The right candidate is a motivated, driven individual looking to develop their supply chain career while playing an integral role in our company’s success by working closely with functional leaders to plan and implement sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Responsible for leading the corporate supplier cost-saving program to deliver value-added results
- Develop and lead strategic sourcing activities that include project management, spend analytics, strategy development, RFQ/RFP development and analysis, stakeholder engagement, and contractual compliance
- Conducts research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supply base, and economic indicators to develop, drive and execute supplier cost reduction roadmaps and strategies
- Work with the procurement team to consolidate spending across the company to capture buying power with key suppliers who are motivated to grow and thrive
- Take the lead in negotiating price including annual contracts, assessing supplier capabilities, narrowing the supplier base and working with suppliers to establish mutually beneficial relationships
- Leads initiatives to enhance supplier performance through standardized processes and continuous improvement efforts impacting quality, cost, delivery, and service
- Develop strong relationships with the supplier quality team to mitigate the impact to the business
- Anticipates and recommends solutions for supplier issues that could arise
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with Supply Chain, Business, Finance or related concentration, or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 5+ years experience in procurement, sourcing and/or supply chain management preferred.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Willingness to dive into details and develop solutions.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including extensive knowledge of MRP software & MS Excel.
- Experience achieving results through indirect management in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to an inclusive culture.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management.
- Leverage critical thinking and supply chain management principles to problem solve and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrates a critical mindset toward appropriately questioning and analyzing alternatives to meet customer strategies with a willingness to dive into details and develop solutions.
- Self-motivated desire to continuously improve processes within scope of responsibilities.
This role can be based out of Paragon’s offices in Pierceton, IN, Bloomingdale, IL (suburban Chicago), Dayton, OH or in the Indianapolis area.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Sr Director of Supply Management