About Bain Capital
Bain Capital is one of the world’s leading private investment firms with over $160 billion in assets under management. Bain Capital’s family of funds includes private equity, public equity, leveraged debt assets, venture capital, and absolute return capital. Their competitive advantage is grounded in a value-added investment approach that enables the firm to deliver industry-leading returns for its investors.
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Boston, Bain Capital has offices in New York, Chicago, Palo Alto, London, Munich, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Mumbai, and Melbourne.
The Procurement Manager will have procurement responsibility for several categories of indirect spend (to be determined based on selected candidate’s experience and interests) and will serve as the team’s thought capital leader for strategic sourcing.
The role requires management of multiple contract negotiations and strategic sourcing initiatives (e.g. RFPs) at any given time. The selected candidate will partner with stakeholders globally at all levels, document results, manage escalations, and highlight concerns for various stakeholder parties including but not limited to Legal, Vendor Risk and Compliance.
As the thought capital leader for strategic sourcing, the selected candidate will evolve the toolkit for sourcing, create approaches to self-service stakeholders for purchases less than a strategic sourcing threshold, consider use of eSourcing technologies, participate in cross-portfolio sourcing events, etc.
The position is critical for advancing our procurement organization, maximizing value of any supplier relationships and optimizing pricing and other terms.
The organization has a truly collaborative team and culture that values strong project management, attention to detail, and a good-natured spirit. With unlimited value creation opportunity, this group takes great pride in the work they do and what they are able to accomplish each year. Motivating each other to keep learning and stretching and support each other through challenges is a strong focus of the team. A truly unique and rewarding opportunity.
- Execute sourcing initiatives and lead RFPs based on identified opportunities
- Lead the contract review process for assigned categories; team with Legal counsel to develop contracts ensuring quality and adherence to Legal and Bain Capital standards
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Create innovative and stakeholder informed category strategies
- Drive continuous improvement activities within assigned spend portfolio – optimize internal demand / specifications and optimize supplier services / products
- Identify areas of opportunity that relate to assigned categories outside of today’s accountabilities; collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to yield value for Bain Capital
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the department’s strategic, operational, and tactical processes
- Identify areas of rogue or maverick spend and seek to consolidate; globally as appropriate
- Ensure data integrity in all procurement systems for designated areas of spend
- Conduct diligence on new suppliers and project manage onboarding of them
- Contribute to the documentation of initiatives and supplier records in Procurement’s systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Procurement experience with most of those in sourcing roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, leadership, project management, and organization skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships.
- Strong skills in problem identification, analysis, and resolution.
- Comfortable creating presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint and presenting to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Knowledge and experience in principles, practices and trends of indirect category environments and related procurement policies, applicable laws and competitive solicitation practices.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and enjoys managing multiple projects and complex situations.
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, ability to strategically link long-range business goals to daily activities, demonstrated ability to work with others to develop talent for the organization, and desire to use organizational knowledge to assist and influence others to specific action.
COMP & BENEFITS
LeadershipBain Capital is one of the world's leading private investment firms with over $160 billion in assets under management. Bain Capital's family of funds includes private equity, public equity, leveraged debt assets, venture capital, and absolute return capital. Their competitive advantage is grounded in a value-added investment approach that enables the firm to deliver industry-leading returns for its investors. Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Boston, Bain Capital has offices in New York, Chicago, Palo Alto, London, Munich, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Mumbai, and Melbourne.
VP, Head of Procurement
Additional Company Info
GSK PLC operates as a research-based pharmaceutical company. The Company develops, manufactures, and markets vaccines, prescription, and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. GSK provides products for infections, depression, skin conditions, asthma, heart and circulatory disease, and cancer.