GSK is a research-based pharmaceutical organization that combines advanced science, cutting-edge technology and top talent to prevent and manage disease. The Company develops, manufactures, and markets vaccines, prescription, and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. GSK provides products for infections, depression, skin conditions, asthma, heart and circulatory disease, and cancer.
US-based operations headquartered in both Navy Yard, Philadelphia, PA and Research Triangle Park, NC employ 15,000 people. GSK’s global heaquarters are located in Benton, England. Worldwide the company employs nearly 100,000 individuals and generates ~$47B annually.
The Procurement Director, North America is at the forefront of driving GSK’s purpose to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together, hand in hand with leaders across the Commercial business and through strategic relationships with our suppliers. Our company culture to be ambitious for patients, accountable for impact and to do the right thing is at the core of every decision and action taken in this position – big or small.
To get Ahead Together, the Procurement Director must be ALL IN to:
- Energetically adopt the focused and ambitious objectives of the Commercial business as your own
- Confidently employ deep Procurement expertise and excellence, tapping into the far-reaching Procurement network to best practices and opportunities
- Boldly ignite your entrepreneurial spirt to drive towards solutions that are most ambitious for patients
- Deliver flawlessly to produce significant top and bottom-line improvement that allows the business to realize excellent growth
- Bring existing strategic suppliers along on the journey to deliver our business objectives and scout for new ones when new ideas or solutions are needed
- Proactively monitor for and mitigate against internal and external risks
This role is situated within a dynamic team where you’ll thrive with great care and attention to your individual growth and development and find motivation in seeing your direct impact on our patients.
We will look to you to:
- Partner with one or more Business Units (BU’s) or commercial functions (e.g. Oncology, Specialty, Market Access, Commercial Insights & Operations)
- Build the procurement strategy for the BU(s)
- Lead sourcing and negotiation initiatives in line with the strategy
- Partner with our matrix global category Procurement team colleagues to ensure optimization of our global buying power with local business needs
- Lead large-scale, cross-BU projects
- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ years of procurement experience
- 2+ years leading teams
- Experience across marketing, sales & tech procurement categories including content, media, sales enablement, data & analytics
- 3+ years Pharma industry experience
- Experience managing the delivery of large sourcing projects and end-to-end service implementation in collaboration with cross functional teams
- Experience negotiating complex supplier agreements
- Demonstrated success in delivering a multi-year strategy ensuring competitive commercial advantage
- Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all management levels
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
Philadelphia, PA or Raleigh/Durham, NC
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Market-competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract and retain talented, highly engaged and high-performing employees at all levels of the organization.
GSK focuses on improving physical, financial and emotional well-being by providing an inclusive and comprehensive rewards package.
Tools and programs to support your financial wellness goals from mortgage to retirement savings:
- 401(k) Matching Contribution
- Competitive Total Compensation
- HSA/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
- Opt-in Insurance Coverage (Auto, Home, Legal & Pet)
Emotional wellness programs and benefits to help you recharge and focus inward:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Maternity Pay/Adoption Benefits
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Caregiver Support Program
- Flexible Work Plans
Medical benefits, health insurance, lifestyle management and more to keep you feeling your best:
- Medical Resource Program
- Comprehensive Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Free Annual Health Screenings
- Virtual Healthcare Offerings
- Weight Loss Programs
A culture of growth, we are dedicated to developing our people by providing the resources to continually reach higher:
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Professional Development Courses
- Educational Assistance Program
- Internal Talent Community
- Annual Performance Cycle
*Eligibility and coverage options vary by location and employee status
Vice President, Global Procurement
Senior Director, Head of Global Media and Americas Marketing Procurement
At a Glance
Disaster Relief – provided to communities in need
STEM Education – in the form of grants, supporting nonprofit organizations working to address inequity in STEM education and career pathways
GSK Impact Awards – provides funding, training and development for charities doing excellent work to improve people’s health and wellbeing.