Naseem A. Malik
BlueCrest is an independent technology company with a long tradition of global leadership in enterprise print, mail and customer communications. The company develops and produces a broad range of advanced inserting, sorting, enterprise mail, print and customer communication systems and data management software that integrate data with print streams, enabling clients to optimize document output for high-volume production mailers.
The company’s equipment delivers mission-critical services, safeguarding the integrity and compliance of customers’ mailings in addition to automating fulfillment and sortation center operations. BlueCrest has 10K+ clients throughout 15 countries including Australia, Canada, Italy, Norway, United Kingdom, and Japan.
Formerly the Document Messaging Technologies (DMT) division of Pitney Bowes, BlueCrest was purchased by Platinum Equity Partners in 2018. The companies employs 1500+ people worldwide, including ~1000 certified technicians and is headquartered in Danbury, CT.
Sr. Director, Global Supply Chain
The Supply Chain and Operations organization is responsible for the coordination of manufacturing and service operations. This role leads one of the functional verticals (supply chain and demand planning) and coordinates with the production planning and manufacturing verticals.
The Sr. Director, Global Supply Chain is a transformative supply chain professional able to drive organizational alignment and improvement in broad supply chain practices, leverage best-in-class supply chain experiences and drive operational KPIs to the green zone.
A successful candidate would have driven substantial change in an organization in a short amount of time and possess the ability to develop a team and lead an organization to bring them along in the transformation journey. S/he would have to bring high energy and the ability to drive structured problem solving and identify multiple paths to success along with the broader implications to the business.
- Perform all direct and indirect procurement activities, which include supplier management, negotiation and preparation of short and long-term contracts and agreements.
- Manage planning and inventory control processes. Collaborate with Commercial stakeholders on demand planning/forecasting, with manufacturing on production planning and scheduling and with logistics to drive overall efficiencies.
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical requirements and business objectives in order to drive more off-the-shelf content, multi-sourcing and help set value engineering targets.
- Optimize global inventory levels to meet the highest possible service levels, business continuity and lowest cost point throughout the global distribution network linking suppliers, manufacturing plants, warehouses, distributors and customers.
- Identify, develop and negotiate with vendors, including contract manufacturers and quick turn vendors to drive cost synergies in the supply chain, while ensuring security of supply (e.g. VMI strategies).
- Own the product lifecycle process from a supply chain standpoint, including new product introduction, cutovers, product retirements, obsolescence and revision management.
- Mitigate supply chain risks by constantly monitoring commodity marketplace and macroeconomic landscape.
- Assume ownership for global SIOP process, balancing supply and demand parameters.
- Lead a team of global material planning, direct and indirect procurement and strategic sourcing personnel to drive supply chain efficiencies.
- Drive department policy for conduct of inventory and demand planning activities and cadence, setting objectives, goals and securing alignment of organization around meeting both internal and external customer objectives.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of procurement modules within the ERP system, including but not limited to the MRP and WMS modules.
- Own ABC/XYZ stratification and assign coverage groups to drive appropriate stocking strategies.
- Lead strategy and management of NPI (new product introduction) Engineering and Production requirements.
- Develop and implement fit for purpose KPI’s to measure both key supplier and functional effectiveness.
- Develop process maps, cycle times and assist in cycle time optimization to increase inventory velocity.
- Monitor capacity planning at warehouses, contract vendors, logistics providers and internal manufacturing facilities.
- Own inventory velocity targets (DOS, turns, inventory $’s) for all SKUs globally.
- Manage global inventory levels, backorder levels, SLOB, inventory accuracy and other inventory KPIs.
- Measure and drive forecast accuracy, SIOP discipline and cycle adherence.
- Identify opportunities for overall continuous improvement.
- Lead a team of global supply chain professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required.
- 15+ years’ experience in supply chain, manufacturing or distribution function.
- Experience managing global teams with 5+ years supervisory roles.
- Prior professional stints with a small to medium sized business ($100M-$1B).
- Experience working in a Private Equity portfolio company.
- Background in customized, engineered-to-manufacture High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) products.
- Leadership in global procurement and sourcing – LCC, Mexico or China exposure.
- Demonstrated competency with cross-functional engagement and collaboration.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft D 365’s supply chain and finance modules.
- Working knowledge of material planning principles.
- Proficient computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with an industry standard ERP package (Infor, SAP, MS. Dynamics 365 etc.).
- Knowledge of e-procurement and e-sourcing.
- Knowledge of “should cost” and commodity/input cost driver analysis packages to navigate price negotiations (e.g. ProPurchaser, Sourcing Shark).
- Exposure to modern ML/AI demand forecasting tools.
- Background in discrete manufacturing of engineered products.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Proficiency in engaging with contract manufacturers, negotiating contracts and monitoring performance on a regular basis.
- Prior knowledge or experience in sourcing and procurement of electronic components.
- Comprehension of financial metrics and an understanding of supply chain’s impact on all three financial statements
- High level of comfort with data collection, clean up and analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of BlueCrest.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- APICS certification preferred.
This role is based out of company headquarters located in Danbury, CT.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.