Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets orthopedic reconstructive devices, spinal and trauma devices, biologics, dental implants, and related surgical products in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
The company offers:
- Orthopedic Reconstructive Devices – that restore function lost due to disease or trauma in joints comprising knees, hips, shoulders, and elbow
- Dental Reconstructive Implants – which restore function and aesthetics in patients who have lost teeth due to trauma or disease
- Spinal Devices – that are utilized for the treatment of degenerative diseases, deformities, and trauma in various regions of the spine
- Trauma Devices – used primarily to reattach or stabilize damaged bone and tissue to support the body natural healing process.
- Surgical Products – such as surgical supplies and instruments to aid in orthopedic surgical procedures and post-operation rehabilitation, and other healthcare related services.
It primarily serves orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, oral surgeons, dentists, hospitals, stocking distributors, and healthcare dealers, as well as agents, healthcare purchasing organizations, or buying groups.
The company was formerly known as Zimmer Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. in June 2015 after merging with Biomet. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Warsaw, Indiana. They were a former subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. ZBH has annual revenue of ~$7B and employs ~18,000 people.
Associate Director, Sourcing
The Sourcing Associate Director will report to the Sourcing Director North America Region, Andrea Grable, and be an accountable partner to Operations at Zimmer Biomet Warsaw, IN Plants.
This individual will constantly engage and provide Sourcing leadership with Warsaw Plant Managers, Plant Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations Excellence, Quality, Regulatory, and Suppliers.
- Team with others in Sourcing and Supply Chain to coordinate and align on ensuring effective communications and actions are taken, including effectively escalating critical supplier related issues.
- Represent Sourcing at key Warsaw, IN cross-functional team meetings to ensure strong Sourcing engagement, including driving supplier continuous improvement to Warsaw Plants and developing strong relationships with Ops and Finance.
- Direct and manage a team of 5 people located in Warsaw, IN supporting Indirect Buying, Packaging Buying, and CapEx/MRO Category. Work effectively with Sourcing Global Category Leaders and Directors to provide strong support to the Warsaw plants.
- Ensure key Warsaw priorities are achieved, including Backorder reduction, cost reduction, favorable Purchase price variance, on-time equipment and MRO deliveries.
- Analyze and report out monthly KPI’s, including PPV and cost reductions. Develop ways to drive improvement across Warsaw Direct and Indirect spend.
- Drive cost reduction projects. Work closely with the Warsaw Finance team to get cost reduction projects validated and approved on a timely basis.
- Participate in Global/Regional team meetings and provide updates to Global Sourcing Leadership.
- Manage key Supplier relationships to drive additional value to the Warsaw Plants.
- Continuously monitor the needs of the business to ensure their requirements are met and implement Procurement process improvement where critical to achieve the same.
- Attract, retain, develop, and motivate talent in the team.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years related work experience.
- Successful prior Plant Sourcing leadership experience.
- Prior significant Plant Sourcing cross functional leadership experience preferred.
- Strong relationship builder and good collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills to persuade others to change behavior in pursuit of a common goal.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently present complex information to senior executives and large audiences.
- Broad-based understanding of core procurement areas of focus (spend management, category management and supplier management).
- Strong project and change management capabilities.
- Ability to improve both yourself and the people around you.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
This position requires a full-time on-site presence at the plants located in Warsaw, IN.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive rewards package that includes:
- Disability insurance
- Wellness incentives
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
LEADERSHIPZimmer Biomet has an award-winning strategic sourcing organization. Most recently, this group was the winner of the 2022 ISM Supplier Risk & Crisis Management Trailblazer Award.
The team is led by a world-class and well-known CPO, Howard Levy, who is a former colleague of our Managing Partner and close contact of ours. MRA has been a trusted partner to Zimmer Biomet for 9+ years and filled critical roles within Sourcing/Procurement, both in the US and Asia.
Director of Global Sourcing North America, Packaging Category, Sourcing Systems, and Compliance
Vice President - Global Sourcing & Instruments at Zimmer Biomet