Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets orthopedic reconstructive devices, spinal and trauma devices, biologics, dental implants, and related surgical products in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
The company offers:
- Orthopedic Reconstructive Devices – that restore function lost due to disease or trauma in joints comprising knees, hips, shoulders, and elbow
- Dental Reconstructive Implants – which restore function and aesthetics in patients who have lost teeth due to trauma or disease
- Spinal Devices – that are utilized for the treatment of degenerative diseases, deformities, and trauma in various regions of the spine
- Trauma Devices – used primarily to reattach or stabilize damaged bone and tissue to support the body natural healing process.
- Surgical Products – such as surgical supplies and instruments to aid in orthopedic surgical procedures and post-operation rehabilitation, and other healthcare related services.
It primarily serves orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, oral surgeons, dentists, hospitals, stocking distributors, and healthcare dealers, as well as agents, healthcare purchasing organizations, or buying groups.
The company was formerly known as Zimmer Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. in June 2015 after merging with Biomet. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Warsaw, Indiana. They were a former subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. ZBH has annual revenue of ~$7B and employs ~18,000 people.
Associate Director, Sourcing - Metals
Develops and manages long-term strategic supplier relationships to deliver total cost reductions and technical innovations. Monitors the supply market and leads Strategic Sourcing Projects. Hires, manages, coaches and develops professional staff. Expanded areas of competence of Purchasing Managers. Ensures business continuity and product availability.
Subcategories: 1) Titanium Bar, Rectangles, Powder, 2) Forgings, 3) Cobalt Chrome Ingot & Bar, 4) Castings and 5) Stainless Steel.
Position reports to the Sr. Director, Global Sourcing – Gustavo Romero.
- Ensures that all activities are in compliance with company policies and practices.
- Creates project plans, implementation strategies, and executes plans. Performs analyses of market dynamics.
- Internal/External customer focus to address issues. Develops strategies to improve the processes, procedures and project flow in EMEA Sourcing.
- Collects, analyses, and communicates data in order to influence decision makers in such areas as make vs. buy, lease vs. purchase, and long-term contracts.
- Anticipates issues which may impact Zimmer during the course of business, fluctuating markets or contracts and addresses those issues effectively.
- Identifies and assesses problems, collects information, and develops alternatives and creates mitigation plans for adverse issues.
- Develops ongoing negotiation strategies and managing against short- and long-term market forces which affects Zimmer.
- Constructs pricing and cost models to project future trends in categories with consultations from functional experts as needed.
- Defines, delegates, and levels responsibilities within team environment. Coordinates work efforts when necessary. Measures performance of team against established goals.
- Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees.
- Plans and/or leads complex negotiations of high-value, long-term strategic contracts for categories that have significant financial or strategic impact for the company.
- Makes sourcing recommendations in line with global sourcing strategies, ensures compliance to Global & Regional contracts in region.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Uses metrics and formal performance feedback meetings to drive supplier performance improvement
*This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the “essential functions”
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, Engineering or related fields) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 + years of working experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations and/or Procurement / Sourcing
- Understands the analytical and financial modelling processes of the supply base in determining their pricing strategies.
- Understands legal aspects of purchasing, including contract law, with some international experience.
- Understands all standard purchasing practices and techniques (market knowledge, data analysis, cost management, negotiations, contract formation, etc.) through extensive experience.
- Demonstrates ability to provide clear direction and priorities throughout team.
- Demonstrates principled leadership, sound business ethics and is consistent among principles, values, and behaviour.
- Strong team skills and the ability to act as key facilitator with operations and suppliers to affect change within the sourcing category
- Advanced knowledge of planning and purchasing systems; Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices.
- Effective analytical, organizational, and communication skills are required
- Strong IT Skills (MS Office, ERP- Systems – SAP as a plus)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational, team building, planning, and coordination skills are required.
- Ability to travel up to 15 %.
This is a remote position, with company headquarters based out of Warsaw, IN.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive rewards package that includes:
- Disability insurance
- Wellness incentives
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
LEADERSHIPZimmer Biomet has an award-winning strategic sourcing organization. Most recently, this group was the winner of the 2022 ISM Supplier Risk & Crisis Management Trailblazer Award.
The team is led by a world-class and well-known CPO, Howard Levy, who is a former colleague of our Managing Partner and close contact of ours. MRA has been a trusted partner to Zimmer Biomet for 9+ years and filled critical roles within Sourcing/Procurement, both in the US and Asia.
Sr. Sourcing Director
Vice President - Global Sourcing & Instruments